I love avocado. And cucumber. And lemon, and add some jalapenos and some dill and I’m definitely going to try the recipe. I whipped up this easy, cold soup in the Japanese “magic bullet” we have in our work kitchen. Before I was even half-done, I had staff begging for a taste. It was, as expected, delicious. Whole Living consistently prints healthy and vegetable-friendly recipes, like this one (borrowed below).
ps. can you guys tell yet when I’m eating at my desk? I’m afraid it happens all too often.
* 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced ( 1/4 cup reserved for garnish)
* 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced ( 1/4 cup reserved for garnish)
* 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
* 1 scallion, white and pale-green parts only, coarsely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
* 1 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
* 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
* 1 cup cold water
* 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Puree ingredients in a blender. Divide soup and reserved cucumber and avocado among 4 bowls. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Read more at Wholeliving.com: Chilled Avocado-Cucumber Soup